This Champurrado recipe is easy and delicious. It’s perfect for the chilly Fall and Winter weather!
The Maseca is what thickens the champurrado. You need the one for tortillas not for tamales It is perfect for the colder months. We’ve been drinking it a lot these last couple of days. It always warms us right up. I love hot chocolate drinks and this is probably my favorite because of the unique taste the Maseca gives it.
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups milk
- 1 abuelita chocolate disk
- 1/2 cup Maseca for tortillas
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp mexican vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Add the maseca to a pot and slowly stir in the water until there are no lumps.
- Turn heat to medium high and stir in the milk.
- Add the cinnamon, sugar and chocolate to the pot and stir until chocolate is dissolved.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. stirring often.
- Add the vanilla and stir. Remove from heat.