This Rigatoni Pasta Bake recipe is sure to have your family cleaning their plates.
- 1 lb. rigatoni pasta, cooked until al dente
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 links Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 15-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and sausage until crumbly and cooked through. Stir crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste. Stir in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, sugar, salt and pepper. Allow to simmer 3 - 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to combine. If the sauce seems a little thick, add a small amount of water. Gently stir pasta into sauce.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add half the pasta and sauce mixture to the baking dish. Sprinkle half the Mozzarella and Parmesan over the pasta. Repeat with a second layer.
- Bake in preheated 325 oven, covered with foil, for 20-25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 - 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.