These mini Dutch Baby pancakes are puffy and beautifully golden brown. They’re just right for breakfast, brunch or dessert. We filled ours with homemade lemon curd and fresh blueberries.
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (1 small lemon)
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ½ cup (60g) flour
- ½ cup (115g) milk
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Confectioners suger for dusting (optional)
- ¼ cup homemade lemon curd (or store bought)
- ½ pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425º F (220ºC)
- Add eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla, salt and lemon zest together into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place butter in heavy skillets (or a single skillet) and place in the oven until butter has melted (just a few minutes, don’t wander off). Pour half the batter into each pan, return them to oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the pancakes are puffed and golden. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees and bake five minutes longer.
- Remove pancakes from oven, serve individually if using mini skillets, or cut larger Dutch Baby into wedges and top with a dusting of confectioners’ sugar, a spoonful or two of lemon curd and blueberries.