These Red Velvet Cheesecake are No baking, no testing to see if it’s done. its’ easy and I bet you can find at least one person you can share it with, you can slice it up and enjoy it with company, bring a piece to all your neighbors (trust me, they like when you stop by with treats in hand) or simply enjoy a piece a day for the week.
- 4 - 8oz packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips (Melted)
- 2 tablespoons red velvet baking emulsion or red color
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 12 Oreos
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a food processor chop Oreos with butter until it's a moist crumble.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch springform pan.
- Place pan in the fridge while you mix filling.
- In a mixer bowl whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in sugar and mix for 1 minutes and scrape sides to be sure all sugar is mixed in well on medium speed.
- Add in vanilla, heavy cream, red velvet emulsion or coloring, and dry buttermilk and melted chocolate.
- Beat on medium-high until everything is completely combined.
- Pour batter into springform pan over crust and be sure to tap the pan on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- With an offset spatula spread the top smooth.
- Put in fridge for minimum 6 hours.
- red velvet baking emulsion-I use LorAnn's available online and in baking stores
- red coloring-I use Americolor Food Coloring Gel
- dry buttermilk-Saco Dry Buttermilk
- chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli 60%) they have a delicious deep rich flavor.