These Cheesy Taco Bake are combines the best of tacos with something like a Tamale Pie, except the crust is on the bottom instead of on the top. And, instead of a cornbread crust this one is made with Bisquick and cilantro. The beef filling includes Fiesta corn, salsa, and Homemade Taco Seasoning. Cheddar cheese is melted on top and then sour cream, chopped tomatoes and even shredded lettuce or pico de gallo can be used as garnish. The flavors are wonderful and fully satisfying.
- 2 cups bisquick
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro minced
- 16 oz. jar chunky salsa
- 11 oz. can Fiesta corn or Mexicorn drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 lbs. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack-Colby Cheese blend
- sour cream
- Toppings of your choice sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, olives, etc.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine Bisquick, cilantro and water and stir to combine until moistened.
- Spread into a 9x13” greased glass baking dish.
- Brown beef and drain.
- Remove from heat.
- Add taco seasoning, salsa and corn.
- Stir to combine and spread into baking dish on top of Bisquick layer.
- Bake at 400° about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center shows the Bisquick layer is done.
- Remove from oven.
- Spread with cheese.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with sour cream and any toppings of your choice.