Get all the flavors of your favorite sandwich in an easy, low carb, keto friendly bowl! This Ruben in a bowl needs to be on your next menu plan!
Ah, the delicious corned beef. It’s an amazing dinner, with it’s deep, complex flavors. It’s a family favorite around here, for so many reasons.
Corned beef is typically a tougher cut of meat, and needs to be treated well for it to have it’s tender, juicy flavors. Oh boy, are those flavors amazing! It can make your mouth water, just thinking about it. Leftover corned beef is another favorite. It is made into delicious Ruben sandwiches.
- 1 pound corned beef brisket leftovers
- 1 head cabbage
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded swiss or mozzerella cheese
- 4 Tablespoons Russian dressing
- Cut the corned beef leftovers into 1 inch slices. Set aside.
- Chop the cabbage into 1/4" strips.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot, heat the sesame oil on medium high heat.
- Add the chopped cabbage, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Sautee for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Turn frequently with a pair of tongs to avoid burning.
- Place sauteed cabbage in bowl, and top with 1/4 cup cheese.
- Heat the corned beef for 1 minute in the bottom of the hot pot.
- Layer the corned beef on top of the cabbage and cheese.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon Russian dressing over the top.