A healthy and gluten free spin on Buffalo Chicken Tenders! They take 30 minutes and are paleo & Whole30 approved – perfect for lunch, dinner, or tailgating!
These buffalo chicken tenders are based off these pistachio coconut chicken tenders that are legit. I changed up the recipe a little and added some spices to kick up the heat and viola. These guys are baked and not fried and are paleo and Whole30 approved! I’ve been eating them straight up dipped in Primal Kitchen ranch, in a salad, or in a wrap. They would be perfect to make ahead for a tailgate or for Sunday football action too!
- 1.75 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1-2 tablespoons hot sauce*
- 2/3 cups raw cashews
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional for serving: carrots, celery, ranch, hot sauce...
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cashews to a Vitamix, high powered blender, or food processor. Pulse until nuts are coarsely ground, but still a little texture remains, about 30 seconds.
- Set up an assembly line. Mix together the ground cashews, coconut shreds, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, and salt and pepper and place on a plate. Have the coconut flour in a separate shallow bowl or plate. Mix together the whisked eggs and hot sauce in a shallow bowl.
- Bread the chicken by putting it in the coconut flour. Roll around until fully covered. Then dip it in the egg mixture, fully coating. Last, roll in the cashew mixture, fully coating. Place on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve with ranch or sauce of choice.
- *depending on how spicy you want them.