Did you know that with one simple trick you can stuff your own sausage? In just five minutes I stuffed Italian sausage with mozzarella cheese and popped it into the oven to bake for dinner. This Stuffed Sausage Recipe is perfect for any night of the week.
- 5 Italian sausage links about 1.5-2 pounds
- 5 mozzarella cheese sticks
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut a sausage down the side. Do not remove the casing. Put a mozzarella stick inside the sausage and press it back into its shape. Put it casing side down in an 8 x 10-inch baking pan. Repeat with the remaining sausage.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the sausage.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the sausage is 160 when checked with a meat thermometer.
- Any type of sausage with a casing will work. Turkey, Pork, Chicken, whichever you prefer is fine. It just needs the casing to hold it together.