When it comes to easy recipes this Bread Pudding couldn't get any simpler. Filled with cinnamon and nutmeg this makes the perfect breakfast or dessert recipe.
This is a classically simple dessert that we adore. It whips up in minutes and seres a crowd! We love making this bread pudding recipe for any holiday and brunches that we host.
There is no weird ingredients, nothing that you cant find in your own pantry of fridge. It is literally just that simple that there is no reason why you wouldn’t want to whip it up.
We like to use French bread in our recipe. A 1lb loaf really is the perfect amount. It produces the best custard to bread ration that you really look for in bread pudding recipes!
But sometimes people don’t always have that on hand. I prefer it over regular white bread because we can pick up a loaf at our local Walmart for $1, I mean how can you beat that price. Plus its so versatile.
If you don’t have French bread on had and you want to whip this up anyways, here are some alternative breads you can use!
- 1 16 oz loaf French bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbs flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut bread into 1"-2" squares and add to large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together your milk, cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.
- Pour over bread and stir gently to coat, let soak for about 20 minutes.
- Spread into baking dish and bake in oven for about 50-60 minutes until center is set.
- In saucepan whisk together sugar, flour and heavy cream until combined.
- Add in your butter and heat on medium until butter melts and liquid starts to boil.
- Whisk until thickened slightly then remove from heat and stir in vanilla.