This keto meatball soup is easy to prepare, hearty, and loaded with fresh veggies and flavor. Best of all, the meatballs can be made ahead of time and it freezes nicely.
- 2 Lb. Ground Beef
- 2 Handfuls Fresh Spinach
- 1 Small Onion
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3/4 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Pepper
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasonings
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil or oil of choice
- 1 Small Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Medium Carrot Peeled and Diced
- 1 Stalk of Celery Chopped
- 2 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 3/4 tsp. Thyme
- 1 32 oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 32- oz. Low Sodium Beef or Chicken Broth
- 1 Medium Zucchini - Chopped into Halves or Quarters
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt to taste (at least 1/2 tsp.)
- Pepper to taste (at least 1/4 tsp.)
Instructions:For the meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x11 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the spinach, garlic, and onion. Then process until everything is in very small pieces. Add the spinach/onion mixture to a large mixing bowl along with the ground beef, sea salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and Parsley. Mix well.
- Roll into meatballs and place into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through.
For the soup:
- Add the oil to large heavy-bottomed pot or dutch oven and heat over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery. Saute until veggies are slightly soft, around 4 minutes.
- Add the basil, oregano, and thyme. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, chicken or beef broth, and zucchini.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, and balsamic vinegar. Taste soup, if it tastes flat, it needs more salt.
- Add the meatballs to the soup and serve!
- To make this lower-carb, omit the carrot, zucchini, and reduce the onion to 1/2. This will make one serving have 7 net carbs.