This tender, golden keto pound cake has the strawberries baked right into it. Just top it with some whipped cream for the perfect low carb strawberry shortcake!
- 4 tbsp butter softened
- 1/2 cup Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax (or additional almond flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tbsp Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet or my sweetener
- Serve with additional sliced strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan liberally with butter.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer cream the butter and gentle sweet until light and fluffy. Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat until combined. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each.
- Stir in the flours, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly combined. Fold in the strawberries. Pour into loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 45-60 min until golden, firm to the touch, and no longer jiggly.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream. Once peaks form add the sweetener. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice the cake and serve with whipped cream and extra berries.
NOTES:Notes on Sweeteners:
- I use my own blend of xylitol, erythritol, and stevia in my recipes. This is twice as sweet as sugar. It is comparable to Trim Healthy Mama Gentle Sweet and Truvia.
- To sub in Swerve use 1.5 to 2 times the amount of sweetener called for.
- To sub in Pyure or Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet use half the amount of sweetener called for.
- Substitutions will work in most recipes. They may not work in candies, such as caramel.