Combining buffalo chicken, cheese, and pasta in one casserole creates a meal that everyone will love. This Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake is delicious and can be on the dinner table in 30 minutes.
- 8 ounces - 2 cups uncooked, penne pasta (or substitute cooked cauliflower)
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken (rotisserie or canned)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 8-inch casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook the pasta noodles, according to the package directions. Drain and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking.
- Stir together the cream cheese, ranch, and hot sauce until creamy.
- Add the chicken, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and cooked pasta noodles to the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared dish.
- Combine the remaining two cheeses and sprinkle over the top of the pasta. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese on top is melted.
- Remove and serve immediately with green onions, hot sauce, and ranch drizzles. Serves 6.
- Chicken: You can use a rotisserie chicken, leftover chicken breasts, or even canned chicken. We have used all three kinds of chicken, and it tastes amazing no matter which chicken you use.
- Cheese: Lots of shredded cheese and cream cheese makes this pasta so gooey and delicious. Hey, I never said this was a healthy buffalo chicken pasta.
- Pasta: Use your favorite pasta noodles for this easy casserole. Cook and drain the noodles before stirring them into the buffalo chicken dip mixture. Pro Tip: If you wanted to make this into a low carb buffalo chicken recipe, substitute cooked cauliflower for the noodles. Healthy chicken recipe just like that.
- Ranch or Blue Cheese: Either one will taste great. It all depends on which dressing you prefer.
- Optional Toppings: Set out bowls of green onions and blue cheese crumbles for everyone to top their buffalo chicken pasta with.