Instant Pot Meatloaf and Garlic Parmesan Potatoes is a whole meal made right in the electric pressure cooker. Tender, flavorful glazed meatloaf and perfectly seasoned potatoes.
This really is The Best Instant Pot Meatloaf and Garlic Parmesan Potatoes. It’s an all-in-one meal and is so simple to make. I promise this isn’t an old school dry meatloaf recipe!
Ingredients:For the potatoes:
- 1.5 lbs Boomer Gold Little Potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 4 tbsp salted butter sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- dried parsley optional
For the meatloaf:
- 1 pound lean ground beef 93% lean
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 slices bread cut up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
For the meatloaf glaze:
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar optional
- Spray the bottom of a 6-quart electric pressure cooker (Instant Pot) with nonstick cooking spray or wipe with a bit of butter. Add Little Potatoes into the bottom of the insert.
- Pour chicken broth on top of potatoes. Stir in minced garlic.
- Top Little Potatoes with pats of butter.
- Place rack insert on top of Little Potatoes.
- In a bowl, combine all the meatloaf ingredients. It really is best to use your (very clean!) hands to mix this up.
- Place meatloaf mixture onto a sheet of nonstick aluminum foil. Shape the loaf into a rectangle and fold up the sides of the foil so it makes a little meatloaf boat.
- In a small bowl, combine meatloaf glaze ingredients and stir well.
- Spread half of this glaze mixture onto the meatloaf (we'll use the rest later). Place meatloaf on top of rack insert.
- Place lid onto pressure cooker and lock it into place. Make sure the valve on the lid is turned to "Sealing".
- Set to manual high pressure for 30 minutes. Note: If using a different pressure cooker, then you may need to increase the cooking time.
- After it is done cooking, move the valve setting to "Venting" (this is called a quick release). Be VERY careful of the steam that will quickly come out.
- Allow all of the steam to fully release before unlocking lid.
- Optional: Using oven mitts, carefully remove your 'meatloaf boat' and place it on a baking sheet. Set your oven to "High" broil. Spread the rest of the meatloaf glaze on top of the cooked meatloaf. Then slide meatloaf under the broiler for a couple of minutes just until it starts to bubble.
- Meanwhile, add Parmesan cheese to cooked potatoes in Instant Pot. Sprinkle with dried parsley (optional) and stir well.
- Remove meatloaf from the oven. Carefully place meatloaf on a serving plate using a large spatula. Then, gently remove the insert from the Instant Pot (using oven mitts) and carefully drain any excess broth from the bottom. Spread Little Potatoes around meatloaf.
- Then serve!
- I tested this recipe using the Instant Pot brand pressure cooker. Some folks have suggested that the brands of pressure cookers they own are different from the Instant Pot and require more cooking time. So having said that, please use your judgement based on your knowledge of the electric pressure cooker that you own. You may need to add additional time to your cooking.