These brownies are special because they are my Grandma’s Brownies. There are no other brownies out there quite like hers. These are the thickest, most delicious brownies you will ever eat with a fudge type frosting on top. I’ve been told these are the best brownies…ever.
- 3 sticks (24 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk (suggest using 2% or whole)
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons milk (use at least 2% milk fat)
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking with non-stick spray.
- Cream together butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Mix cocoa powder, flour and salt in a bowl.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and milk in three stages mixing on low speed until incorporated - dry ingredients, milk, dry ingredients, milk then dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan, spread evenly and bake for 30 minutes. Once done baking, let cool for 30 minutes before frosting. Don't completely cool though...you want the brownies to be slightly warm when frosted.
- To make the frosting add the butter, milk and granulated sugar to a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from heat, stir in salt and chocolate chips. Whisk vigorously until smooth then immediately pour onto warm brownies spreading before it starts to set. The frosting starts to harden quickly so work fast! Let brownies set for at least an one hour before cutting into them.